Friday, November 1, 2013

Guide to Plus Size Shapewear!!

One of the things I take most serious in life is my shapewear. Shapewear can transform an outfit into a LOOK. Shapewear can make that $20 dress look like $200 and that potato shape into an hourglass.  GOOD shapewear sucks you in, GREAT shapewear supports, shapes, and defines your body. Needless to say, I am a big, BIG fan.

What I look for in shapewear, since I have almost nearly a complete banana shaped body, is something that is going to minimize my midsection and back areas, and almost never to I wear anything that minimizes my lower body.


Tummy Control

If you carry your weight in your midsection like I do, you are all about reducing the appearance in that area. I love shapewear that can really suck my stomach in and make it appear (relatively) flat. Also these kind of shapers helps to control that back fat that some of us are plagued with. So if you want to reduce your tummy and back rolls, or just have an apple or banana-shaped body, these are some of my favorites:



Ipanema Corset by Femni via Roamans / Squeem Body Vest via Fashion To FigureBela Shapewear Vest by Femni via Roamans /

This firm compression type waist cincher not only flattens your abdomen; it lifts your breasts, improves posture, and reduces your waistline up to four inches! Features adjustable straps for the perfect fit, flexible boning, and spandex underarms for more control. Flatters and transforms your body immediately.

I personally own a Squeem and wear it nearly everyday of my life, even when I'm working out. It helps to control my stomach area and back bulge, but be careful, sometimes the material can be seen through thin clothing and the boning can be uncomfortable.


Bottom Control

So you got a big ole booty eh? First of all, congratulations, and second of all I know just what you want. Ladies blessed with wider hips and bigger backsides usually opt for more firming shapewear, that will protect from movement and smooth out cellulite dimples. 

For my ladies and friends who wont to control more of their booty area, I have just the things for you.

Star Power by SPANX via Macy's / Flexees by Maidenform Plus Size Firm Control Easy Up Thigh Slimmer via Macy's


If you have relatively flat waist you might want to consider the star power from Spanx, the lower waistline will provide you will a higher level of comfort. However if you have a little something that needs to be contained, make sure you go with something with a higher waistline like the Maidenform number, it combats muffin tops!

So there are plenty of ideas for you to go on, so take the time to check out reviews, try them on in store, and ALWAYS GET THE RIGHT SIZE. Trust me, it might seem like a good idea to size down, but when its cutting off your blood supply in the middle of dinner you'll regret it. And remember, the key to a good outfit, is a great foundation, so go out there and get yourself some shapewear, girl!!

1 comments:

Joanna Thompson said...

This garment is very advantageous especially when you have no more time for those lengthy weight loss programs or to wait after the painful effects of surgeries is healed. Shapewear instantly provides you the solution in just about the time you need it. If you want to learn more about shapewear for women, this is my site: http://simplyshapewear.co.uk/

Post a Comment

 

GRRRCEDES Copyright © 2011